The Peter Cushing. These licensed premises are named after the critically acclaimed actor who lived in Whitstable. This building is the former Oxford Cinema, which first opened its doors on 27 July 1936. it was built around the Oxford Picture Hall which, itself, opened in 1912 in what had been Oxford 'concert and music hall'. These premises were refurbished by J D Wetherspoon in July 2011.

This is an approximate position

The Peter Cushing, High Street, Whitstable
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview

by J. D. Wetherspoon




See also...
Photo of Peter Cushing blue plaque
Diane Griffiths on Flickr
Photo of Peter Cushing film cell plaque
Gwynhafyr on Flickr