Photos of the plaque № 30453 in Luxembourg City
HIER BEFINDET SICH SOVIEL GRÖSSE MIT ANMUT, SOVIEL ERNST MIT LIEBLICHKEIT VERBUNDEN, DASS WOHL ZU WÜNSCHEN WÄRE, POUSSIN HÄTTE SEIN HERRLICHES TALENT IN SOLCHEN RÄUMEN BETÄTIGT. GOETHE ÜBER LUXEMBURG. CAMPAGNE IN FRANKREICH. 15. OKTOBER 1792
We don't have a photo of this plaque yet. You could be the first!
We like close-ups as well as long-shots that set the scene. The closest shot will be used as the main image so that people can read the words.
Where do these photos come from?
We don't store photos ourselves, we only link to them. Open plaques connects and adds context to existing resources on the web instead of trying to own it all ourselves. We use stable, open sources namely Flickr, Wikimedia Commons and Geograph. All the images are Creative Commons licenced and as such we attribute them to the copyright holder.
I found a photo of this plaque on Geograph...
I found, or would like to add, a photo of this plaque on Wikimedia Commons...
A great place to donate your image to the world is Wikimedia Commons. It is free, fairly easy to use, and your image will [probably] live forever as part of the awesome Wikipedia platform. When you are done, paste the url of the Wikimedia page in here and Open Plaques will link to the photo.
I'd like to add my photo via Flickr
- put it on Flickr (for free)
- give it a Creative Commons licence
- tag it openplaques:id=30453
- add it to our Flickr group
- wait 5 minutes
- it should now appear in the Flickr search of photos tagged 'openplaques:id=30453'
- wait for 24 hours and our servers should automatically find it and display it on our site
I did that, but my photo hasn't appeared!
Paste the url of the photo here and we will try to sort it out
Nope, still not working
- still not there?
- Does your photo appear in the Flickr search of photos tagged 'openplaques:id=30453'?
- if not, check that the licence is Creative Commons, i.e. it shouldn't say "All Rights Reserved"
- also, ensure that you haven't ticked the 'hidden from search' setting. (On Flickr, go to your profile by clicking your username in top right hand corner, do you have "Hide your stuff from public searches" set to "no"?)
- a brand new Flickr account might not be included in their search immediately. Sometimes it waits until you have posted 5+ images. Enter your photo's url into the box below and we'll see what we can do...
- you can try
Help, I really don't understand!
If this all proves too complicated, then have a chat with us via email. We are generally rather nice and want to help. You can email your photo to us stating that you are happy for us to publish it as open data on your behalf and that you grant anyone in the world the right to re-use the image.