The Railway Hotel This two storey property was purpose-built, in 1847, as The Railway Hotel, next to Lytham's first railway station. A billiard room and four bedrooms were added in 1895. There was also a bowling green at the rear, which made way for a builder's yard in 1955. The railway station was demolished in 1968 and replaced by a fire station. The Railway Hotel was renamed the Hansom Cab. It now has its original name.