The Hospital of the Holy Trinity founded by Archbishop Whitgift in 1596 "to be an hospitall and abiding-place for the finding, sustenation and relief of certain maymed, poore, peedie or impotent people, to have continuence for ever" The school included in the original foundation is now represented by the Whitgift School and the Trinity School of John Whitgift The tomb of John Witgift is in Croydon parish church, founded in the year 960, adjoining the old palace of the archbishops, situated in Church Street at the foot of Crown Hill.

Photo of plaque № 39094
Richard Rogerson on Geograph
Photo of plaque № 39094
Richard Rogerson on Wikimedia Commons

Colour:

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.