Abberley House & Corinium Museum Built by John Cripps as a town house C.1765. Later used by the YMCA. Purchased in 1936 by the Bathurst and Cripps families and given to Cirencester Urban District Council to house the Corinium Museum, removed from Tetbury Road. In 1938 a purpose-built single-storey museum building was opened in the garden at the rear to house the Bathurst and Cripps collections of local antiquities.

geowolfe on Flickr

Corinium Museum, Castle Street, Cirencester
Google Streetview

by Cirencester Civic Society

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.