Saint James Lutheran Church Founded in 1897, St. Jakobi Evangelish Lutherisch Kirche was organized to serve German Lutherans in the growing community of Llano. Pastor Hugo Krienke, also serving churches in Mason and Leiningen, held German-language services first in Llano's northside school, then in a small frame house on the south side of the river, and later in the First Presbyterian Church until land was purchased in 1908. By 1910, the Lutherans had a small building, and after 1920 services were conducted entirely in English. The members of St. James Church dedicated a new building in 1958. (1997)

Photo of Black plaque number 40623
QuesterMark on Flickr
Photo of Black plaque number 40623
QuesterMark on Flickr

1401 Ford St., Llano, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.