The Half Moon Inn. The original Half Moon Inn, first recorded in 1661, was for many generations the town's largest and most important inn with fashionable Assembly Rooms and extensive outbuildings. "The True Briton" stage-coach stopped here en route between Liverpool and Hull. The inn was rebuilt by the Goole architect H. B. Thorp in 1890. Hull Cooperative Society moved from Churchside to this building in 1937.

Photo of Blue plaque № 42510
Mike Kirby on Geograph

by Howden Civic Society

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.