Glasshouse Bridge 1878. A bridge has spanned the Ouseburn at this point since the 1640s when glass works became established along the St. Lawrence shore. This present bridge [is similar] in design to the [larger Byker] Bridge.

Plaque on north side of bridge - there is a matching plaque on the south side

Photo of Black plaque № 43593
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Photo of Black plaque № 43593
newcastleplaques on Flickr

by The Ouseburn Trust Part of the Ouseburn Heritage series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.