Carneal House, ca. 1815. Built by Thomas Carneal, a founder of Covington, on land purchased in 1814 from Thomas Kennedy. First brick house in the city. Georgian in concept, style reveals the influence of the great Italian architect Andrea Palladio. In 1825 Lafayette visited as a guest of owner William W. Southgate. Other famous visitors were Henry Clay, Daniel Webster and Andrew Jackson.

Photo of Black plaque № 45910
glennhistorygeek on Flickr All Rights Reserved
Photo of Black plaque № 45910
Bill Eichelberger on Flickr All Rights Reserved

406 E. Second St., Covington, Covington, KY
Google Streetview

by Kentucky Highways Department and Kentucky Historical Society #1429 of the Kentucky Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.