The Clipper. Formerly East India House. In the late 18th Century the site was used as a Tea Warehouse by the East India Company. They used the route from Exmouth to London by coach and horses: this being quicker than passing through Bristol. At that time tea was a scarce and valuable commodity: the quicker it reached the markets the higher the price. After 1810, when the 'Tea Bubble' burst, the premises became a high class grocer's shop. In 1955, the full licence was taken up, the premises becoming Leonard's Bar. Now modernised and renamed it returns to its associations with the tea trade.