Reunion In Unionville. Across the road and down about 300 feet was the original Unionville School. Built in 1862, this adobe building was the first public structure in Humboldt County. Used by such organizations as the Union League, Knights of the Golden Circle, the Free Masons, and the Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus, it served the community until its demolition in 1871.Exactly 109 years later, members of the E.C.V. gathered here to hold a reunion in commemoration of this propitious event. To the rear of this marker is the site where Samuel Clemens allegedly lived briefly before going to Virginia City in 1862 and taking the name Mark Twain.