St Maurice's was one of the most important churches of medieval Winchester. It may have originated as a gate chapel at an entry to the precinct of New Minster. In the later Middle Ages, a right of way ran through the west end of the church. The tower was heavily repaired in 1842 when the rest of the medieval church was demolished. It retains a Norman doorway.

Dcs57 on Wikimedia Commons

Colour: white

Wikimedia:

Flickr: