Unitarian Chapel The oldest Nonconformist building in Bridgwater Built 1688. Re-built 1788. Restored 1988. Reverend John Norman, ejected from the Parish Church in 1662, a former protege of Admiral Robert Blake, founded the congregation with his friends and followers. The first Sunday school in the town was established here during the ministry of Reverend Thomas Watson (1755-1793).

Unitarian Chapel, Dampiet St, Bridgwater
Google Streetview

by Bridgwater and District Civic Society in 2007

Colour: blue