139-145 Front Street East In 1867, William Davies built a two storey brick building here and established the first large meat-packing house in Toronto. J. & J. Taylor Safeworks purchased the building in 1871, and as the business flourished, added two storeys and an addition to the west and south. The buildings were renovated in 1978-80 as part of the revitalized historic St. Lawrence District.

139-145 Front Street East, Toronto, ON

by Toronto Historical Board in 1984

Colour:

Wikimedia: {{Open Plaques|plaqueid=6530}}

Flickr: openplaques:id=6530

Subject