Canal Gardens These ornamental gardens were formed from a walled kitchen garden built c.1816 for Thomas Nicholson of Roundhay Park. Inheriting the estate in 1833, his stepbrother Stephen added the canal, 350 by 34 feet, spanned by two rustic bridges and terminating in an arbour.

Photo of Thomas Nicholson and Stephen Nicholson blue plaque
Rich Tea on Geograph
Photo of Thomas Nicholson and Stephen Nicholson blue plaque
Mtaylor848 on Wikimedia Commons
Photo of Thomas Nicholson and Stephen Nicholson blue plaque
noii's on Flickr

Canal Gardens, on archway leading to Tropical World, LS8, Leeds
Google Streetview

by Leeds Civic Trust on 21 June 2005

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Photo of Thomas Nicholson and Thomas Taylor blue plaque
ben dalton on Flickr
Photo of John Barran, Thomas Nicholson, Stephen Nicholson, R. A. Salisbury, and 4 other
'(p_khoo) on Flickr