Villier's Alms House designed by James Pain in 1830 for poor protestant widows, through bequests provided by Mrs. Hannah Villier. Mrs. Hannah Villiers endowed the buildings on this site in her will in 1821. The construction took place in the Bishops Palace Garden in 1823. Of interest from a medieval perspective are the remains of the two towers, which today form part of the boundary fronting to the River Shannon.

This is an approximate position

Old Church Street, Englishtown, Limerick
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview

by Limerick Civic Trust

Colour: green

Wikimedia:

Flickr: