Bulfinch Gate House erected about 1828 under direction of Charles Bulfinch, architect of the Capitol, this gate house stood until 1874 with another (now at 15th and Constitution Avenue) at the west entrance to the Capitol grounds.

Brian Cooper on Flickr

Constitution and 17th, Washington, DC
Google Streetview

by National Capital Sesquicentennial Commision in 1950

Colour: bronze

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.