Mémoire de Lyon8
The bell tower of Charity The hospice of "General Aumone" or Charité, built in 1625 with a long facade on the Rhone, was destroyed in 1934 To give way to the large Post built by the architect Roux-Spitz. Only the steeple of 1665, inspired, it is said, by Bernini, has been preserved on this square which extends, since 1993, Until a landing on the Rhone.
Place Antonin Poncet, Lyon, France
The Opera The Italian theater built here by Soufflot in 1752 at the Place des Jardins the Town Hall was replaced in 1829 by a New neo-classical construction of Chenavard and Pollet, which Housed shops under the peristyle. In 1990, behind the preserved exterior facades and the foyer, The architect Jean Nouvel as realized an opera entirely Which has 14 levels under a huge glass vault.
Opéra Nouvel - Place de la Comédie, Lyon, France
The Loge du Change It is here the kingdom of bankers and European merchants converging since the fourteenth century towards the Fairs of Lyon. In the sixteenth century they became so important that they thought of building a special lodge for them. Built only in 1630. It was transformed in 1748 by Soufflot which gave it its present form with its five arcades, then open. Since 1803. the building houses a Protestant temple.
Temple du Change, Place du Change, Lyon, France
The Governor Hotel This Gothic-style inn was located close to the hotel Which has been the home of the governors of the town in 1512 and 1730. The court, which was raised, was situated at the deserts of the stable. It is adorned with a pretty loggia, and a well under shell-shaped canopy. (Traboule between the 2 Place du Gouvernement and the 10 Quai Romain Rolland).
Place du Gouvernement, Lyon, France
A welcome splash of colour This beautiful traboule allows to pass through two small Courses in galleries of the sixteenth century perfectly reclaimed. One can admire in particular the coloured coatings which awaken (Traboule between 27, Rue Saint-Jean and 6, Rue des Trois Maries).
27 Rue Saint-Jean and 6 Rue des Trois Maries, Lyon, France
This long "traboule", which winds through four buildings and four different courts, allows the passage of the street Saint-Jean to the street of the Boeuf. The owners have signed an agreement with the local communities, which participate in the clearing of the traboule in exchange for its opening day. (Traboule between 54, rue Saint Jean and 27, rue du Boeuf).
54 Rue Saint-Jean and 27 Rue du Boeuf, Lyon, France
The Lawyers House Acquired in 1979 by the Order of Lawyers this building - the former Croix d'Or Inn - was restored by the lawyers themselves, who established their regional vocational training centre there. The large gallery with arcades opens on a garden which took the place of demolished buildings in 1968, along the street of the Bombard.
Place de la Basoche - Rue de la Bombarde, Lyon, France
The Cathedral of Saint John It is also called the Primatiale: since 1079, the Bishop of Lyon has been called "Primate des Gaules". Built between the 12th century (Romanesque) and the 15th century (façade), it was the home of two councils in 1245 and 1274, even before it was completed. It contains an astronomical clock from the 16th century. 12, 14, 15 and 16 hours, and numerous architectural treasures (chapel of the Bourbon, fifteenth century), stained glass, sculptures and paintings. The 320 quadrilobed medallions of the façade (14th century) that combine history, the Bible and the legends of time can be seen.
Lyon Cathedral, Place Saint-Jean, Lyon, France