Blackpool Heritage Trail

43
15508400190 68023fc434 m
Church of the Sacred Heart

Talbot Road, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15073191904 d5eb7b707e m
The Old Post Office Building

57/59 Church Street, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15693243595 b6f64b808f m
Borough Theatre

Bank Hey Street, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15508265620 2af6acfeaf m
The Central Picture Theatre

Central Drive, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15073902663 2c7a8abf48 m
The Grand Theatre

Church Street, Blackpool, United Kingdom

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
The Gynn

Gynn Square, North Shore, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15073071674 388a716bf1 m
Blackpool Civic Trust Heritage trail Solaris Centre Opened in 1938 as a the Harrowside Solarium it incorporated a winter garden, sun lounge and palm court style care. This distinctive art deco landmark was designed by J.C. Robinson, Chief Architect to Blackpool Corporation. The building was transformed in 2004 into an environmental centre of excellence. Kindly sponsored by Blackpool Premier Hotels Association

South Promenade, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15508230610 fc4df7769e m
Foxhall

Queens Promenade, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15694505002 d9920473a2 m
HMS Foudroyant

Next to North Pier, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15073724333 bdde9cb260 m
Richmond Villa

253 Whitegate Drive, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15507988887 64ee177843 m
The Parish Church of St John

St John's Square, Church Street, Blackpool, United Kingdom

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Raikes Hall

Liverpool Road, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15073099214 671d28133d m
Revoe Library 1904-2004 To commemorate 100 years of providing a library service to the community. Sponsor Central Drive Community Association.

Revoe Street, Blackpool, United Kingdom

3689351 30762545 120x120
The Adelphi Hotel. The original Adelphi Hotel (as known as the Adelphi and Post Office Hotel) was built on this site in 1835 by Esau Carter who has a claim to have been Blackpool's first Postman. In 1923 the building was rebuilt by the local brewers Catterall & Swarbrick and given a white tiled exterior, parts of which can still be seen in Adelphi Street.

Church Street, opposite Pizza Express, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15507207489 4df70a85e3 m
251 Whitegate Drive

251 Whitegate Drive, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15073223574 6509d919f6 m
Queen Vera Road. Named by the traders of Abingdon Street Market to commemorate the visit of Miss Vera Greenwood of Whitworth, Rochdale, the reigning 'British Cotton Queen' of 1937. The street name was accepted by the Council in the same year and remains the shortest 'thoroughfare' in Blackpool.

Queen Vera Road, Blackpool, United Kingdom

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Alistair Cooke

10 Vance Road, Blackpool, United Kingdom

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Blackpool Police Station

?, Blackpool, United Kingdom

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Blackpool Municipal Airport

Woodside Drive, Blackpool, United Kingdom

15694535322 99a1e4a7da m
Princess Parade. Built between October 1910 and September 1911, Princess Parade was officially opened by HRH Princess Louise, Duchess of Argyll on 2nd May 1912. It replaced a narrow iron walkway on the sea defences around the Metropole Hotel. Over 200,000 tons of sand, used as infill, were transported along the Promenade from South Shore on specially laid railway track. Popularly referred to as the 'Sands Express', it consisted of five industrial steam engines named Alice, Annie, Horbury, Netherton and Reliance.

Princess Parade, Blackpool, United Kingdom