Maplecroft. Built by shipwrights for James Frank Starr, 1870-71, of select lumber, with joints mortised. On property acquired by Dr. James Harper Starr, Secretary of the Treasury in the Republic of Texas (1839-40) and Postmaster-General for the Confederacy's Trans-Mississippi Department. Site of the Dr. Starr home at the time of his death in 1890. Now owned by Mrs. Ruth Starr Blake, daughter of J. F. Starr. #10187

by Texas Historical Commission #10187 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.