The Standard Bank The original Standard Bank was a double storey building owned and built by James H. Templeman in 1894, with the banking hall on the ground floor and the manager's dwelling above. After leasing the building for many years the Bank purchased it in February 1919. After World War II the upper storey was removed and the ground floor was enlarged. In 2007 the Standard Bank moved its offices to the new Knysna Mall. The Knysna Municipality now occupies the building.