Hilhursheim This building was one of a pair of similar buildings, the other being a store to the west, which were built by William McPherson in the 1860's. This surviving building was the first home of the Thesen's, a Norwegian family who arrived in Knysna in April 1870, initially leasing the two buildings before subsequently buying them in 1872. They named their new South African home "Hilhursheim

Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr

by Knysna Historical Society

Colour: orange

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.