Isla Gladstone
u

man

Aged unknown

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Nick Harrison on Flickr

The Isla Gladstone Conservatory Stanley Park This conservatory was completed in 1900, constructed of cast iron and wrought iron with direct, elegant lines at the foundry of Mackenzie & Moncur in Edinburgh. Popular for its year-round floral displays until World War II, the Conservatory fell into disrepair in the 1950s and was re-built in 2009 with the added lower level. On opening it was named 'The Gladstone Conservatory' to honour William Ewart Gladstone, citizen of Liverpool and Liberal Prime Minister of Great Britain four times in the 19th Century. In re-building for the 21st Century it was re-named as a tribute to the women of Liverpool and to the memory of Isla Gladstone, 20th century designer, gardener and student at Liverpool.

Anfield Road, Liverpool, United Kingdom where they was