Sir Arthur du Cros 1st Baronet
Commemorated on 1 plaque
On this site at Craigwell-on-Sea in the Parish of Aldwick, stood Craigwell House where HM King George V and Queen Mary were in residence from 9th February to 15th May 1929 during the King's convalescence. The original house pre-dated 1806. The last owner was Sir Arthur du Cros who by 1934 had embarked upon development of its extensive grounds. The house was demolished in 1938. Traces of its foundations and of tiled storerooms exist under houses now on the site.
The Drive East, Craigweil Estate, Aldwick, United Kingdom where they lived