Commemorated on 2 plaques
John Macadam, General Surveyor of Roads, lived here c.1820
Drovers Lane, Penrith, United Kingdom where they lived
Church Street Milnthorpe. Church Street led to St Peter's Church in Heversham, Milnthorpe's main place of worship before St Thomas' Church was built in 1837. The road was constructed by John Macadam as part of the Kendal to Lancaster Turnpike in 1819 and the terraced houses were built in 1820's by the Kendal Union Building Society to provide '40 shillings freehold' properties which gave male householders the right to vote. They were called Blue Row after the local colour for the Whig Party which sponsored the Society. The bank building was the King's Arms Inn from 1820-1881.
Church Street, Milnthorpe, United Kingdom where they constructed this road as part of the Kendal to Lancaster Turnpike (1819)