Town Hall, Bournemouth
place and town hall
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Town Hall Buildings 1875 Sir George Tapps built the thatched "Ashley Cottages" here in 1812. In 1875 Bournemouth's first Town Hall was built on this site. The civic offices, which later became the Criterion Hotel, survive at the front, but with an 1898 facade. The hall was converted into an arcade in 1886 and refurbished in 1962 and 1991.
43 Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, United Kingdom where it sited (1875)