1904 Cottage at 26 Pitt Street This cottage was 1 of 3 built by George Parkes of the Knysna Forest Co. in 1904 to house his employees on land he had bought from Dirk Fauconnier in November 1902. All 3 corrugated iron cottages cost £40 each to build and were let at 4/- per week. On the building of the Woodmill Walk shopping centre in 1998, the cottages were removed from Pitt Street and relocated. A second cottage was donated to the Forestry Department and is now a self catering facility at the Millwood Goldfields.

Philip Caveney on Flickr

Queen Street, Knysna
Google Streetview

by Knysna Historical Society

Colour: brown

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.