Paisley Canal Line This plaque marks the 250th anniversary of the birth of Thomas Telford, the great civil engineer, who designed the Glasgow, Paisley & Ardrossan Canal opened to here in 1811 and converted to a railway in 1883. Blackhall Bridge (1809) over the white cart, with the longest aqueduct span of the canal age and now carrying the railway, is 3/4 mile east of this station.

Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr

Causeyside Street, Paisley
Google Streetview

by Network Rail on 29 June 2007

Colour: bronze

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Open Plaques on Flickr
Kath-H on Flickr
Michael W Beales BEM on Geograph
michael ely on Geograph
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Dave Fergusson on Geograph
Richard Dorrell on Geograph
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr