This Plaque. Erected on the site of Tayport Railway Station. Comemorates the visit on 1st September 1877 by Ulysses S Grant. President of the United States of America 1869-1877. He then embarked from Tayport Harbour to view the construction of the first Tay Rail Bridge. Unveiled by Carl E. Bartch consul general of the United States of America 11th September 1971.