The Mills Observatory Opened in 1935, The Mills is a purpose built public Observatory. It was funded by a legacy from John Mills, a 19th Century linen rope manufacturer and keen amateur astronomer. Build of sandstone, the Observatory has a dome of papier-mâché. Sponsored by The Hugh Fraser Foundation & The Friends of Balgay

Millerdl on Wikimedia Commons

by The Friends of Balgay and Hugh Fraser Foundation

Colour: brushed metal

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.