This historic wall follows the line of the western defences of the Burgh and may also have been part of the Town's Hospital, which existed on this site until it's demolition in the early 19th century. The remains of an 18th centiry well, possible to serve as a private water supply for the hospital, are built into the foundations of the wall at its south-eastern end. The lintel date 1721, now incorporated into the wall, previously spanned the top of the well.

Millerdl on Wikimedia Commons

152 Nethergate, Dundee
Google Streetview

Colour: brushed metal

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.