Ulverston Savings Bank
thing and bank
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Ulverston Savings Bank. This elegant building was erected in 1838, on "the site of the late Mr James Dixon's garden at the corner of Market Street and Union Street, at a price of £200 for the land." The clock, erected in 1845, "has the hours and quarters struck upon three bells of which the largest weighs 14cwt". In 1901, Ulverston Urban District Council took over the bank clock at a nominal rent of 5/- per annum to keep it in repair.
Union Street, Ulverston, United Kingdom where it sited (1838)