Tonic Cinema
(1936-1991)

place and cinema

Closed aged c. 55

OpenPlaques

The Tonic Cinema was built in 1936 in Bangor, Northern Ireland. At the time it was the largest Cinema in Ireland with 2,001 seats. It was demolished in 1992 following a fire. The old Compton Theatre Organ, formerly in the Tonic Cinema, is now in the care of Bangor Academy School. It is one of only two Theatre Organs still in Northern Ireland, the other being in the Movieland Cinema, Newtownards, County Down, where it was installed in 1994, having originally been in the Ambassador Cinema, Hounslow, west London.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Tonic Cinema 1936-1991
Centenary Of Cinema 1996 #011

Tonic Cinema 1936-1991 [full inscription unknown]

102 Hamilton Road, Bangor, County Down, United Kingdom where it sited (1936-1991)