Library, Shrewsbury
(1983-present)

place and library (from 1983)

Aged 37

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Elliott Brown on Flickr

Castle Gates Library Founded by Edward VI in 1552, Shrewsbury School occupied this site until 1882. The stone buildings were built 1594-1630. Sir Philip Sidney, Judge Jeffreys and Charles Darwin were educated here. Re-opened as a library in 1983 after complete renovation. This plaque commemorates the 60th anniversary in 1986 of The Rotary Club of Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury Library - School Gardens, Shrewsbury, United Kingdom where it re-opened (1983)