Commemorated on 2 plaques
Canal Gardens These ornamental gardens were formed from a walled kitchen garden built c.1816 for Thomas Nicholson of Roundhay Park. Inheriting the estate in 1833, his stepbrother Stephen added the canal, 350 by 34 feet, spanned by two rustic bridges and terminating in an arbour.
Canal Gardens, on archway leading to Tropical World, LS8, Leeds, United Kingdom where they lived
Chapel Allerton Hall. The Georgian home of the Tottie family, woollen cloth merchants, and then distinguished botanist R. A. Salisbury 1782-1799. The Nicholsons, later of Roundhay Park, lived here 1799-1815. From c.1845 to 1901, much extended, it was the home of the pioneer ready-made clothing industry and Leeds politician John Barran.
junction of King George Avenue and Gledhow Lane, Leeds, United Kingdom where they lived (1799-1815)