Old Boggart House
place and Methodist chapel
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Leeds Methodist Pioneers The first purpose-built Methodist chapel in Leeds, the 'Old Boggart House' was erected here on Boggart Close in 1750-51. A public meeting here on 6 October 1813 led to the formation of the (Wesleyan) Methodist Missionary Society which was highly influential in Methodism becoming a world church.
Playhouse Square, Quarry Hill, Leeds, United Kingdom where it sited (1750)