Leeds School of Medicine
(1831-present)

place and college

Aged 189

Leeds School of Medicine is the medical school of the University of Leeds, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. The School of Medicine was founded in 1831, before the Yorkshire College which became the university, and now forms part of the university's Faculty of Medicine and Health. It is located at the southern end of the campus in the Worsley Building, which also houses the Leeds Dental Institute. The School of Medicine is linked with the two major hospitals for clinical teaching: the Leeds General Infirmary and St James's University Hospital, both run by the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. As of 2008 the medical school accepts some 238 home students and a further 20 from overseas per year.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

ben dalton on Flickr

Leeds School of Medicine This institution, founded in 1831, was one of the first provincial medical schools in England. The move here from Park Street in 1894 provided the school with its second purpose-built premises. Architect: W. H. Thorp Erected 1891-94

Thoresby Place, Leeds, United Kingdom where it sited (1894)