place and guild hall
Commemorated on 1 plaque
This Guildhall stands on the site used for the Guild, or Fraternity, of Citizens established in 1387 by Richard II, which Guild continued for 161 years under 9 Monarchs, and was finally dissolved under Edward VI, in 1548. The present building was erected in 1846, by the Trustees of the Lichfield Conduit Lands, to whom the ancient Guild, in the year 1545, gave valuable properties out of their possessions to supply the citizens with water, and for their common weal. Her late Most Gracious Majesty, Queen Victoria, visited this City in 1832, and again in 1843. In 1894, His Majesty, King Edward VII, (as Prince of Wales), was received here on the Occasion of the Centenary of the Queen's Own Royal Staffordshire Yeomanry Cavalry.
The Guildhall, Bore Street, Lichfield, United Kingdom where it sited