Commemorated on 1 plaque
The Grove A fine Georgian house built c.1750 by Caleb Readshaw (c.1675-1758), a wealthy Richmond merchant who developed the lucrative trade of exporting locally-knitted wool caps and stockings to the Low Countries. The name came from a grove of trees once in the rear garden. The bricks, then more fashionable than stone, were made in a nearby kiln.
Frenchgate, Richmond, Yorkshire, United Kingdom where they was