Town Hall, Warrington
place and town hall
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Bank Hall Built 1749-50 by world-famous architect James Gibbs as a home for local businessman Thomas Patten. Gibbs had previously designed St. Martin in the Fields Church in London and the Radcliffe Library in Oxford whilst Patten's wealth came from his copper works at Bank Quay. The building was bought from the family to become Warrington's Town Hall in 1872.
Town Hall, Warrington, United Kingdom where it sited (1872)