Roebuck, Rochdale

place and public house

Aged unknown

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Nick Harrison on Flickr

The Roebuck Public House c. 1814 the first 'Roebuck PH' was built in 1660 on the old Market Place and moved in 1783 to the 'New Wall' (now No 5 South Parade). During that time it was a key stop for horse-drawn coach and mail services throughout the north of England. The Earl of Uxbridge stopped here in 1817 to replace his cork leg after the Battle of Waterloo

Yorkshire Street, Rochdale, United Kingdom where it sited