Theatre Royal, Chester
place and theatre royal
Closed aged c. 78
Commemorated on 1 plaque
St. Nicholas's Chapel. Originally a medieval chapel, this was Chester's Commonhall in the 16th Century and later became the Wool Hall. It was licensed as the Theatre Royal in 1777, and converted into the Chester Music Hall by James Harrison in 1855. Charles Dickens performed here in 1867.
St Nicholas Chapel, St Werburgh Street, Chester, United Kingdom where it sited (1777-1855)