Commemorated on 2 plaques
4-28 Nicholas Street. These Georgian Town Houses were built in 1781 to the designs of Joseph Turner, Architect of the Bridgegate. In the 19th Century the terrace was known as 'Pill-Box Promenade' because many of the houses were occupied by Doctors.
6 Nicholas Street, Chester, United Kingdom where they designed
The Bridgegate. The medieval gate guarding the approach to Chester from North Wales was flanked by two defensive towers. In 1601 a water tower was built above the gate supplying piped water to the city. The present arch designed by Joseph Turner was built by Chester corporation in 1782.
The Bridgegate, Lower Bridge Street, Chester, United Kingdom where they designed (1782)