Theatre Royal, Aberdeen
place and theatre royal
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Theatre Lane. In 1795 the Theatre Royal, seating 600, was created in Marischal Street by Stephen Kemble, brother of the actor John Philip Kemble. Eminent performers included Charles Macready and Charles Keen. The theatre flourished until 1872 when it was replaced by Her Majesty's Opera House, later the Tivoli, in Guild Street.
Theatre Lane, Virginia Street end, Aberdeen, United Kingdom where it sited (1795-1872)