woman and Abbess of Shaftesbury (from 1001)
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Barton Grange Farm A grange of the Abbess of Shaftesbury who was given the land in 1001 by King Ethelred. Since the 1530's it has been in private ownership and was a working farm until 1971. In 2000 the Preservation Trust bought and then restored the yard and the four smaller buildings.
Barton Farm Country Park, Pound Lane, Bradford on Avon, United Kingdom where they owned