Sir William Dugdale
Commemorated on 1 plaque
The Old Grammar School (St John's Hospital). Former chapel circa 1340 of the Hospital of St John the Baptist founded in the 12th century. After dissolution of the monastries it was converted circa 1550 into a Free Grammar School (King Henry VIII School). The school moved to its present site in Warwick Road in 1885. Sir William Dugdale historian was a pupil here in 1615-1620. The building is now a scheduled ancient monument.
Cnr Hales St and Bishop St, Coventry, United Kingdom where they studied (1615-1620)