Chiesa di Santa Margherita in Santa Maria dei Ricci
(1508-present)

place and church (from 1508)

Aged 513

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Chiesa di Santa Margherita in Santa Maria dei Ricci Fu fondata nel 1508, sotto il patronato dei Ricci, per riparare l'offesa arrecata da Antonio Rinaldeschi all'immagine della Madonna posta sul fianco della vicina chiesa di Santa Maria degli Alberighi. Venne ristrutturata nel Seicento da Gherardo Silvanni con l'aggiunta del portico (1640 ca.). L'interno tardo barocco, ad unica navata, fu realizzato nel 1769-1772 da Zanobi del Rosso. La volta fu affrescata da Loenzo del Moro con l'Assunzione della Vergine; altri episodi della Vita della Madonna furono raffigurati da Giovanni Caillo maggiore si conserva la venerata immagine della Madonna dei Ricci; nella prima cappella, tavola con Santa Margherita di Antiochia (sec. XIV), inserita in una tela seicentesca.

English translation: Church of Santa Margherita in Santa Maria dei Ricci It was founded in 1508, under the patronage of Ricci, to repair the offence caused by Antonio Rinaldeschi to the image of the Madonna on the side of the nearby Church of Santa Maria degli Alberighi. It was restored in the 17th century by Gherardo Silvannis with the addition of the arch (1640 circa). The late Baroque interior, with a single nave, was built in 1769-1772 by Zanobi del Rosso. The vault was frescoed by Loenzo del Moro with the Assumption of the Virgin; other episodes of the Life of the Virgin were depicted by Giovanni Caillo Major. Ricci; in the first chapel, a table with Saint Margaret of Antioch (14th century), inserted in a seventeenth-century canvas. [AWS Translate]

Chiesa di Santa Margherita in Santa Maria dei Ricci - Via del Corso, Florence, Italy where it founded (1508)