Iffley Lock
(1923-present)

thing and canal lock

Aged 96

Iffley Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England near the village of Iffley, Oxfordshire. It is on the southern outskirts of Oxford. The original lock was built by the Oxford-Burcot Commission in 1631 and the Thames Navigation Commission replaced this in 1793. The lock has a set of rollers to allow punts and rowing boats to be moved between the water levels. In addition the lock and weir streams there is stream further to the east which used to be the Mill Stream. The weir is downstream of the lock, where the weir stream is joined by the mill stream.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

ceridwen on Geograph

The original pound lock at Iffley, which was built and in use by 1632, was one of the first three pound locks on the Thames. The others were at Sandford and on the Swift Ditch. The present Iffley lock was built in 1923.

, Oxford, United Kingdom where it sited