Commemorated on 1 plaque
Hotel Stables. Known as the "Taps" this building was originally the stables for the Grange Hotel which opened in 1866 with finance provided by Furness Railway Company. Thomas Rigg, the first manager, promoted Grange's earliest charabanc service from here, and also gave his name to another venture on site, "Rigg's Refreshment Rooms", affectionately nicknamed the "Cocoa Rooms" by local people simply because cocoa was the cheapest drink available. Education in Grange began in a school built close to the "Taps" on an area liable to flood during high tides "...when the number of small geysers, some attaining two or more feet in height, forced themselves up in the hotel grounds."
Main, Grange-over-Sands, United Kingdom where they worked near