group and guild
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Fishmongers Almshouses This gateway once formed the entrance to St Peter's Hospital. The Almshouses of the Fishmongers Company, whose foundation stone was laid on the 22nd June 1849. The site was considered "as airy a spot as any in the environs of the capital". There were 42 houses, a chapel, hall and library. The buildings were demolished in 1923 and replaced by housing for the London County Council, and subsequently by the present development in 1978.
East Hill, London, United Kingdom where it was